CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER® Certification
The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM certification is intended for professionals seeking comprehensive financial planning knowledge. Financial planning is the process of developing strategies to help people manage their financial affairs to meet life goals, and considers all aspects of a client’s financial situation. In this course, students will learn to create financial plans and apply their knowledge from all courses.
Aligned to the Financial Planning Process
- Establish and define the relationship with the client
- Collect the client’s information
- Analyze and assess the client’s financial status
- Develop the financial planning recommendations and present them to the client
- Implement the client’s financial planning recommendations
- Review the client’s situation
On completion of the FPSB Integrated Financial Planning course, a candidate is required to develop a financial plan on a given case study. The successful evaluation of the financial plan makes a candidate eligible to sit for the CFP® exam. For complete program details please refer to the FPSB CFPCM Certification Guide.
- Financial Planning Process
- Practice Standards
- Professional Skills
- Client Characteristics
- Client Engagement and Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to the Discovery Process
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Discovery Process Applied
- Goal Determination, Refinement and Setting
- Develop Financial Planning Recommendations
- Presenting Recommendations to Clients
- Financial Planning Overview
- Financial Plan Elements
- Developing Effective Plans
- Sample Financial Plans
- Financial Plan Assessment
- In order to successfully complete this route, enroll with an FPSB Ltd. Authorized Education Provider.
- Coursework should generally be completed in 8-12 weeks (depending on hours/course and frequency throughout the week)
- This exam tests the competency profile related to both education modules
- 3 hours, computer-based test with case studies
The applicant for must agree to uphold and abide by the FPSB Ltd. Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility and Financial Planning Practice Standards. The Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility sets forth the requirements for ethical behavior and judgment required. Agreement by applicants is a requirement at the time of application for certification. The ethical principles are statements expressing the standards professionals should adhere to.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM Certification
In order for students to become certified, students must pass the exam, pay an annual certification fee and sign FPSB Ltd.’s Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, FPSB Ltd.’s Practice Standards and rules for correct use of the FPSB Ltd. marks. To obtain an FPSB Ltd. certification, the individual needs to pass FPSB Ltd.’s Ethics Course. From the time of enrollment, students will have three years to complete the education course and successfully pass the exam.
Pricing Information as of 1 July 2023*
- FPSB® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Course Materials: INR 13000
- FPSB® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Certification Exam: + FPSB® Financial Plan Assessment: INR 23500 (can be completed in parallel)
- FPSB® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Annual Certification: INR 8600
- *Valid registration needed to purchase course materials and exams