FPSB Exam Calendar-3 Months (click here)
Transition to FPSB Ltd.’s New Pathway Curriculum to CFP Certification (Notice)
FPSB Ltd. Launches New Pathway to CFPCM Certification in India
FPSB Ltd. has introduced a new education and credentialing pathway to CFPCM certification to facilitate more structured learning and recognition opportunities for candidates for CFP certification in India. Candidates for CFP certification can complete their education requirement through three specialist education courses (investment planning; retirement and tax planning; and risk and estate planning) and a FPSB® Integrated Financial Planning..
To register for the FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist, the FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist or the FPSB® Risk and Estate Planning Specialist course and FPSB® Integrated Financial Planning, click below.
The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM credential is the most desired and respected global certification for those seeking to demonstrate their commitment to competent and ethical financial planning practice. CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals meet initial and ongoing education, experience and professional development requirements, pass a rigorous exam that assesses competency, and adhere to a code of ethics, pledging to provide financial planning in the interests of clients and with the highest ethical and professional standards.
As of 1 April 2019, the CFPCM certification program in India is directly administered by U.S.-based Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB Ltd.), owner of the international CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER certification program outside the United States. FPSB Ltd. partners with its global network of Affiliate organizations to administer CFPCM certification programs in 27 countries and territories around the world, representing a global CFP professional community of 192,000 + at the end of 2020 (with 1,989 CFP professionals in India).
The Value of CFP Certification
CFP certification benefits consumers, practitioners and financial services firms in a variety of ways.
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals are trusted financial professionals who work with individuals and families to develop practical, easy-to-understand solutions for every stage of life. FPSB Ltd.’s research with more than 19,000 consumers worldwide showed:
- Those who work with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professional feel more strongly confident about their financial situation than those managing their own finances or working with a different type of financial adviser.
- Consumers who have a written, comprehensive plan are nearly three times more likely to feel strongly confident about achieving their life goals.
FPSB Ltd. partnered with Cerulli Associates to survey more than 3,500 CFP professionals in six territories around the world about the benefits of pursuing CFP certification. Those practitioners said that after receiving their CFP certification:
- Among those seeking to advance their careers, 37% earned a promotion, got a new job or started their own practice.
- 57% reported growing their client base in the 12 months following their certification.
- 63% saw their income grow in the 12 months following their certification.
- 72% reported increased satisfaction with their careers.
- 87% expected to be able to keep clients longer.
FPSB Ltd.’s international study conducted with 92 financial services firms in 12 territories showed why the majority of firms plan to grow their number of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals:
- 59% of firms reported that employing CFP professionals led to fewer client complaints.
- 69% of firms reported that employing CFP professionals lowered corporate risk.
- 69% of firms reported that CFP professionals have a higher rate of growth of assets under management.
- 76% of firms found that employing CFP professionals led to increased client retention.
- 79% of firms plan to grow the number of CFP professionals.
- 84% of firms said employing CFP professionals had a positive impact on client satisfaction within the firm.
Find an FPSB Ltd. Authorized Education Provider in India
FPSB Ltd. has entered into agreements with Authorized Education Providers to provide education courses that fulfill the education requirement of FPSB Ltd.’s certification program in India.
Access Your Online Certification Management System (OCMS) Account
If you are a legacy student (registered prior to 1 June 2020), you can access your account via the Online Certification Management System (OCMS) portal link below. On the portal, you can confirm that the information listed for you is accurate, and update the system with information on recently completed continuing professional development (CPD) points.