FPSB Ltd.’s CFP Certification is now accredited by NISM
NEW YORK – 2 MARCH 2021 – Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB Ltd.), owner of the international CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM certification program outside the United States, today announced that the National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) has accredited FPSB Ltd.’s CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER certification in India. After taking over direct operation of the 19-year-old CFPCM certification program in India in 2019, FPSB Ltd. submitted an accreditation application for a second time to NISM outlining FPSB Ltd.’s mission, reputation, global affiliations, financial strength and policies and quality standards related to curriculum development and exam administration for the CFP certification program in India. NISM approved FPSB Ltd.’s application and accredited the CFP certification program in India from 1 March 2021 until 28 February 2022, after which the accreditation is eligible to be renewed for two more years, subject to program monitoring and approval by NISM. To find our listing on the NISM website, click here.
“FPSB Ltd. is pleased that India’s CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER professionals offering investment advice are eligible to register as Investment Advisers under Securities and Exchange Board of India regulations,” said Noel Maye, CEO of FPSB Ltd. “FPSB Ltd. and the community of almost 2,000 CFP professionals in India are committed to benefiting the Indian public by establishing, upholding and promoting competency, ethics and practice standards and certification requirements for CFP professionals and for the financial planning profession in India.”
Rajesh Krishnamoorthy, Country Head, India Liaison Office said “The accreditation by NISM strengthens our efforts in India as we look to advance the financial planning ecosystem and to attract a new pool of talent into this noble profession. We will continue to work with renewed vigor in India and we look forward to the support of the CFP professionals in nurturing new talent for our country.”
Financial Planning Standards Board Launches Advisory Council to Steer Growth and Value of CFP Certification in India
Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB), owner of the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM certification program in India, has launched the CFP Professional Advisory Council to foster financial planning professionalism in the public interest, provide input and thought leadership on FPSB’s mission and priorities, and grow the number of CFP professionals in India
The following seven founding members of the Council, each of whom are leaders in the profession, reflect the geographic, gender and practice diversity within the Indian CFP professional community:
- Arun Thukral, CFP, Council Chair, (Mumbai) a startup investor/advisor and BFSI consultant, formerly the managing director and CEO of Axis Securities Limited, and member of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) National Committee on Financial Markets.
- B. Srinivasan, CFP, (Bengaluru) an entrepreneur, director of Shree Sidvin Group and founder president of the nonprofit Council of Financial Planners (COFP).
- D.V. Suresh, CFP, (Hyderabad) founder of DVS Associates Pvt. Ltd., a financial planning practice advocating sound financial health for all.
- Kavita Devi, CFP, (Nashik) a CTEP Inheritance Planner and Registered Life Planner, dedicated to helping people in the journey to financial freedom.
- Naresh Pachisia, CFP, (Kolkata) founder and managing director of SKP Securities Ltd., Eastern India’s leading boutique investment banker.
- Renu Maheshwari, CFP, (Chennai) co-founder of Finscholarz, providing fee-only financial planning and portfolio management services, and the first individual SEBI Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) in Tamil Nadu.
- Col. Sanjeev Govila (Retd), CFP, (Delhi) an individual SEBI RIA, founder and CEO of Hum Fauji Initiatives, a company dedicated solely to armed forces officers and their close family members.
“The founding members of the CFP Professional Advisory Council offer a wealth of knowledge and experience that will support our efforts to build a vibrant and thriving CFP professional community in India,” said Rajesh Krishnamoorthy, Country Head, FPSB India Liaison Office. “I look forward to leveraging the diverse background and insight of this group to expand CFP certification and increase access to competent and ethical financial planning advice in India.”
FPSB Names Rajesh Krishnamoorthy to Lead in India
Financial Planning Standards Board Ltd. (FPSB) has named financial services veteran and fintech pioneer Rajesh Krishnamoorthy as Country Head, India, effective 1 February. In the role, Krishnamoorthy will oversee FPSB operations and strategy; grow FPSB certification programs; and build support to establish and grow the financial planning profession in India, with CFP certification as its symbol of excellence.
Krishnamoorthy brings to FPSB 20 years of experience in Indian financial markets, including the last decade with wealth management fintech platform iFAST Financial India Pvt. Ltd., as the founding employee, Managing Director, and most recently Vice Chairman of the Board of iFast India Holdings, Singapore. His experience spans treasury management, securitization, institutional sales, private wealth management, and personal finance-related technology platforms.
Please see the full announcement for more details.
The September 2020 Edition of the Journal of Financial Planning in India Is Now Available
FPSB Ltd. is pleased to present the September 2020 edition of the Journal of Financial Planning in India. In this edition, we’ve compiled articles featuring insights and opinions from our community of CFPCM professionals and industry experts in India, as well as from territories within our FPSB global network.
We understand that Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is important to you, so inside you’ll find an opportunity to earn five (5) CPD points for passing the quiz.
We hope this journal and future editions will become a staple in furthering your professional development and connecting you to the global financial planning profession. We look forward to enriching articles from our CFP Certificant community for the future editions of the Journal.
The February 2020 Edition of the Journal of Financial Planning in India Is Now Available
FPSB Ltd. is pleased to present the February 2020 edition of the Journal of Financial Planning in India. This publication is part of our continuous endeavor to provide you with a series of learning opportunities and informational pieces throughout your career. In this edition, we’ve compiled articles featuring insights and opinions from our community of CFPCM professionals and industry experts in India, as well as from territories within our FPSB global network. We know that Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is important to you as well, so inside you’ll find an opportunity to earn six (6) CPD points for passing the quiz. This is the most points we’ve offered for a single publication!
Introducing the Inaugural Edition of the Journal of Financial Planning in India
FPSB Ltd. is pleased to present the first edition of the Journal of Financial Planning in India! In this edition, CFP professionals will find a collection of insightful articles authored by industry experts and academics within FPSB Ltd.’s global network.
We understand that continuing professional development (CPD) is of great importance to you as you seek to enhance your skills and retain your CFP certification. So, we’ve built in a CPD quiz that provides four CPD points for CFP certification renewal.
We hope this journal and future editions will become a staple in furthering your professional development and connecting you to the global financial planning profession.
FPSB Ltd. – India Press Releases
- Financial Planning Standards Board Names Rajesh Krishnamoorthy to Lead FPSB Operations and Grow CFP Certification in India
- Financial Planning Standards Board Launches New Pathway to CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM Certification in India
- Number of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM Professionals in India Increased By 26% Over Previous Year
- FPSB Ltd.’s CFP Certification Accredited by India’s National Institute of Securities Markets
FPSB Ltd. – Global Press Releases
- Financial Planning Standards Board Announces 2020 Priorities
- Financial Planning Standards Board Reports Record Number of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Professionals Worldwide
- Financial Planning Standards Board Celebrates 15 Years; Envisions Bright Future for Global Financial Planning Profession
- Financial Planning Standards Board Issues First Guidance Practice Note to Support Financial Planners Working with Vulnerable Clients