FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist
The FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist course prepares you to develop strategies to help clients optimize their risk profile, financial capacity and constraints. The course covers topics that include types of securities; investment theory and practice; portfolio construction and management; investment strategies and tactics; and securities laws and regulatory compliance.
The FPSB Investment Planning Specialist course has been developed for university-level students, investment professionals seeking additional education, and financial services practitioners in insurance, tax, etc. seeking investment and personal financial management knowledge.
Those who complete the education course, pass the certification exam and complete FPSB Ltd.’s ethics requirement are eligible for the FPSB Investment Planning Specialist certification in India. Completing the FPSB Investment Planning Specialist course and passing the exam is a required step toward obtaining CFPCM certification in India. For complete program details please refer to the FPSB Investment Planning Specialist Guide.
- Client Financial Situation11
- Time Value of Money
- Cash Flow Demands and Conflicts
- Budget and Emergency Fund
- Debt and Financing Alternatives
- Financial Management Strategies
- Asset Classes and Securities
- Pooled Investment Products
- Principles of Investment Risk
- Investment Performance Management
- Investment Theory
- Asset Allocation
- Wealth Management
- Behavioral Finance
- Objectives, Constraints and Suitability
- Client Best Interest
- Economic Environment
- Social and Political Environments
- Compliance and Implications
- Anti-Money Laundering
There are three potential modes to fulfill the education requirement and become eligible for the exam:
1) Instructor-Led Education Mode
- In order to successfully complete this mode, enroll with an FPSB Ltd. Authorized Education Provider.
- Coursework should generally be completed in 8-12 weeks (depending on hours/course and frequency throughout the week).
2) Self-Paced Education Mode
- FPSB Ltd. provides educational materials in an online platform, including textbook content, PowerPoint outlines, quizzes, and practice tests, that align to the learning objectives and prepare a student to sit for the exam. Students must pass the FPSB Ltd. quizzes for each chapter, as well as the post-module tests for each of the three modules, to be eligible to successfully complete the education component.
3) Recognized Prior Learning Mode
- Individuals may apply to FPSB Ltd. for exemption from the instructor-led or self paced education modes. This status is granted upon proof that the individual holds any of the following linked qualifications or certifications. If this waiver is accepted, individuals may bypass the education and prove eligibility to sit for the exam by successfully passing the prequalification exam in the FPSB Ltd. online platform.
The 2-hour, 75 multiple-choice question, computer-based test is based on a specification developed from the FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Competency profile (see the FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Exam Blueprint for more information).
From date of enrollment with FPSB Ltd., students have three years to complete the education course and pass the exam.
The student must be verified to have completed the education requirement (through one of the three modes above) to be eligible to take the exam.
FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Certification Opportunity
To be recognized by employers, clients and the public as an FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist, candidates will need to:
- Complete the education course
- Pass the 2 hour exam
- Complete FPSB Ltd.’s ethics course, and agree to uphold and abide by the FPSB Ltd. Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, which sets forth requirements for ethical behavior and professional judgment
- Pay an annual certification fee (US$120)
- Student Registration US$165 / Recognition of Prior Learning Registration: US$200 (valid for 365 days; valid across all courses available)
- FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Course Materials: US$60
- FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Certification Exam: US$61
- FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Annual Certification: US$120