FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist
The FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist educational materials and exam are intended for university-level students and financial services professionals seeking personal taxation and retirement planning knowledge. A required step toward obtaining the CFPCM certification is passing the education and exam for this course. This coursework exposes you to a universal curriculum with India-specific tailoring.
- Retirement Principles
- Retirement Objectives
- Retirement Needs, Analysis and Projections
- Sources of Retirement Cash Flow
- Retirement Cash Flow, Withdrawal Projections and Strategies
- International Taxation
- Cross Border and Source Rules
- Tax Strategies
- Accounting Standards and Research
There are three potential modes to fulfill the education requirement and become eligible for the exam:
1) Instructor-Led Education Mode
- In order to successfully complete this mode, enroll with an FPSB Ltd. Authorized Education Provider.
- Coursework should generally be completed in 8-12 weeks (depending on hours/course and frequency throughout the week).
2) Self-Paced Education Mode
- FPSB Ltd. provides educational materials in an online platform, including textbook content, PowerPoint outlines, quizzes, and practice tests, that align to the learning objectives and prepare a student to sit for the exam. Students must pass the FPSB Ltd. quizzes for each chapter, as well as the post-module tests for each of the three modules, to be eligible to successfully complete the education component.
3) Recognized Prior Learning Mode
- Individuals may apply to FPSB Ltd. for exemption from the instructor-led or self-paced education modes. This status is granted upon proof that the individual holds any qualifications or certifications. If this waiver is accepted, individuals may bypass the education and prove eligibility to sit for the exam by successfully passing the prequalification exam in the FPSB Ltd. online platform.
The 2-hour, 75 multiple-choice question, computer-based test is based on a specification developed from the FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist Competency profile (see the FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist Exam Blueprint for more information).
From date of enrollment with FPSB Ltd., students have three years to complete the education course and pass the exam.
The student must be verified to have completed the education requirement (through one of the three modes above) to be eligible to take the exam.
FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist Certification Opportunity
FPSB Ltd. offers individuals to take their commitment a step further by applying to become certified as an FPSB® Retirement and Tax Planning Specialist. In order to become a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERCM professional, an individual must successfully pass the education and exam, but obtaining the FPSB® Investment Specialist certification is optional. This certification is recognized by FPSB Ltd. and those certified will receive an FPSB Ltd. certification badge to demonstrate to employers, clients and the public their knowledge in this competency area. To become certified, individuals must:
- Pass the education and exam
- Pass FPSB Ltd.’s ethics course
- Pay an annual certification fee
- Agree to uphold and abide by the FPSB Ltd. Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility. The Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility sets forth the requirements for ethical behavior and judgment required. Agreement by applicants is a requirement at the time of application for certification
- Student Registration US$165 / Education Exempt Registration: US$200 (valid for 365 days; valid across all courses available)
- FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Course Materials: US$60
- FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Certification Exam: US$61
- FPSB® Investment Planning Specialist Annual Certification: US$120